Fully renovated and restored, the historic Carpenter Theatre at Dominion Arts Center is open and alive with performing arts! State-of-the-art lighting and world-class acoustics will attract both audiences and entertainers from around the corner, and around the world, filling the stage with opera, dancing, singing, symphonies, concerts, plays and even Broadway shows. Upon entering the refurbished Carpenter Theatre – complete with nearly 1800 seats – audiences will enjoy newly installed fiber optic stars twinkling overhead in the repainted midnight sky ceiling, one of the many preserved and enhanced elements of John Eberson’s original theater design. The Carpenter Theatre celebrated its 80th birthday last year and what better way to commemorate this milestone than to welcome audiences back to this fun-filled, enchanting Downtown Richmond landmark.
- Parking within one block
- New sidewalks and street lighting
- Additional modern bathrooms
- Larger, more comfortable seats
- Redesigned, expanded lobby
- New concessions (both levels) and concierge station
- Join Dr. Glenn Winters for his “Opera Up Close” pre-curtain talk forty-five minutes before each performance for his informative and entertaining insights on each production.