Virginia Opera, The Official Opera Company of the Commonwealth of Virginia, announces today the launch of its new, redesigned web site at www.vaopera.org. Designed by the SWARM Agency, the new site boasts a dynamic, image-rich appearance, new and expanded content and improved navigation and search tools, making online exclusives, favorite sections and new material more accessible than ever before.
Key features of the new web site include:
- Behind-the-scenes content on the new Virginia Opera Blog
- In-depth coverage about each of the current season’s productions and artists
- Advanced online ticketing system provides ability to select your own seat
- Dynamic photo and video galleries of past and current productions
- New volunteer and support opportunities
- Ways Virginia Opera’s Education and Training initiatives bring culture to classrooms across the Commonwealth
The new web site—along with Virginia Opera’s Facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/vaopera) and Twitter feed (www.twitter.com/vaopera)–demonstrates Virginia Opera’s commitment to strengthening its cultural communities and fostering an informed and active audience for opera.
Accompanying the launch of the new web site is a giveaway contest that awards a subscription for two to Virginia Opera’s 2013-14 Season to winners in each of Virginia Opera’s markets, including Norfolk, Fairfax and Richmond. Participants may enter by subscribing to Virginia Opera’s E-newsletter, Opera Voice, and by joining Virginia Opera’s Facebook and Twitter community pages. Each online membership will qualify as one entry into the contest. Those already associated with Virginia Opera’s online communities will automatically be entered to win. The contest will close at midnight on December 31, 2012 with winners announced in mid-January 2013. Rules and regulations can be found at www.vaopera.org.